Friday, January 14, 2011

Garrett's cupcakes

My boys LOVE to bake with me. Although sometimes it seems like more of a hassle than a help to let them participate, I don't want to kick them out of the kitchen. So I pre-measure out all the ingredients and let them pour them into the mixer. Then as long presentation is not important, they can also squeeze the frosting bag and cover them with a fun topping. Garrett made some double gooey chocolate cupcakes with vanilla buttercream and topped them with crushed Andes mints.....Good job, Garrett!




1 comment:

  1. YUM! The Pre-measuring thing is a great idea. I have to concentrate so much on following the recipe, this would make it easier to do that if I do most of the "thinking" before hand! I am such a doofus in the kitchen LOL! Thanks for the tip!

    ReplyDelete